Friday, May 30, 2008

Spielberg Graduates!

Yup, that's right! My oldest child graduated... from elementary school! His 6th grade graduation was today. In 3 short months he will be in the 7th grade! WOW. Where did the time go? I swear I JUST had him yesterday(or so it seems)!

He really is a great kid! He is bright, funny and good natured. He never gets into trouble at school and has good friends. Now if only I could get him to turn in his homework regularly! OY! That has been a constant battle this school year. He'd do the work then he'd lose it or forget to turn it in! ARGH. We're already working on a plan for next year... let's hope it works!

Enough of that. It's time to let it go now that the year is over. We will start fresh next school year. Gotta keep that glass half full, right?? :-)

I'd post pictures from the graduation but due to some technical diffculties, I can't! I was so proud of myself. I grabbed the camera, fresh batteries and headed out the door. I get to the school, find a seat and pull my camera out of the bag. I turn it on only to discover I LEFT THE MEMORY CARD HOME! OY! Thankfully, I knew another mom there and she took a couple of pictures for me. So, when I get those, I will post them. In the meantime, I'm going to chalk my forgetfulness up to the fact that I have not been to bed yet! I got off work at 7 am. I came home and showered, I got the kids up for school, I got myself dressed and ready and then left for Spielberg's graduation! It's 11 am now and I STILL haven't been to bed. We're supposed to get together with friends for a barbecue tonight, so I better get some sleep now and before the other munchkins get home from school in 2 1/2 hours! *yawn*

Photobucket

Spielberg

Photobucket

Spielberg and me

No comments: