Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Time!

The kids have been out of school for 2.5 weeks. I like having them home not to mention I like being able to go to bed as soon as I get home from work in the mornings! It's nice not sleeping ALL day :-).

We've been busy the last few weeks. The kids have had various activities going on and this week is no different. This Friday, Ice Princess will participate in her 1st skating competition! She is thrilled(and nervous!) about this. I will take pictures and post them for those who want to see her dressed up in her comp dress.

We've also decided not to take our annual trip to Washington this summer. I am very sad about this. Most of my family lives in WA and I love seeing them Not to mention, we have spent the last 4, 4th of July's with our friends. They have property at the ocean and it is great fun to go and spend the 4th on the beach. The sight of the fire works on the beach is amazing! We always have a blast when we go. We will certainly miss that this year. Gas is just too expensive and we have other financial commitments we need to honor, so we cannot make the trip this year.

So, instead of heading to Washington, we will be going to Dave's uncle's house in Idaho. It's a 2.5 hour drive, so it will be much more affordable! We are also hoping to visit Yellowstone. It's a 2 hour drive from his uncle's house, so that is also doable. It's not Washington, but it will be fun to go and see his uncle and hopefully Yellowstone too.

My summer is not turning out like I had hoped it would, but we will make the best of it and I am hoping to go on small camping trips close to home too. :-) Next yr we will plan better and make sure we make the trip to Washington! That is, as long as gas doesn't go up to a more insane amount of money by then!

No comments: