Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Competition

Ice Princess woke up very excited today! She could not wait to go to her competition! All in all, she did well. She skated her best and ended up coming in 3rd place. Not too bad for her very first competition. She is thrilled to have earned a medal and was so excited to have grandma and her best bud(who also competed and came in 1st place in her own level) there to cheer her on. She really had a great time. She looked lovely too. Once I recieve the CD of pictures, I will add a few to my blog. We have a video also, but I am having a difficult time uploading it. Ice Princess has watched her video already and it was funny to hear her critque her own skating! Obviously she has never seen herself skate, so this was a good thing for her to see. She knows what she needs to improve on for her next competition. :-)

Photobucket

The only some what decent picture my camera took. I'll post better pictures once I recive the disk from the competition.

Update: I added new pics 06/24/08

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was such a great experience for her! Oh and as you can see we got the USFSA number situation taken care of! Thankfully between USFSA and the skating director at her rink, we had her number on Thursday. WHEW! She would have been CRUSHED if she couldn't have skated today! Thankfully, she did not have to experience that disappointment.
:-)

Here is a video of her preformance. She really did a great job. Her last spin coul dhave been better, but I think she was rushing thinking she wouldn't finish with her music! LOL. We're very proud of her!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!
This is Sara (Aaron's wife) I found your guy's site through Kelli's. Your little girl looks so cute skating. She did really good. Good job Ice Princess!

A Crone's Life said...

The photos turned out awesome! Thanks for posting them.

After a long week of work, I took a leisurely drive to West Valley City (west of SL and north of my house in Herriman), to watch my granddaughter's first ice skating competition. When the music started and she began her routine, I took a deep breath and found myself overwhelmed with emotion. The lump in my throat didn't leave until she finished her routine. But all I could think of as I watched her skate was "Here's our miracle baby -- a joy and a blessing -- half-way grown up!" I stayed for the rest of the skaters, just to enjoy the cool atmosphere in the arena. Thanks for inviting me. I loved it!

Ice Mom said...

Ice Princess looks terrific in her ice blue dress. Look at the leg on her spiral. Very nice. You must be proud. :)

Angie said...

Thank You, Ice Mom! We are proud!