Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Drama!

As I have posted before, Ice Princess is supposed to be participating in her first competition on Friday. Of coarse, this cannot happen with out some drama mixed in!

Ice Princess has been in a US Figure Skating Association(USFSA) Learn to Skate(LTS) program since October 2006. When you register for the lessons you become a "limited" member of USFSA. You are given a member number and in most cases, you won't need to actually know that number UNLESS you want to participate in a competition or some other USFSA sanctioned program.

When I filled out the application for Ice Princess to compete, I did not know her number. I left that part of the application blank and told them the rink she skated at and that she was in the LTS program at that rink. A few days later, I recieved a call from the competition registar. The registar told me she could not locate a number for Ice Princess and that she would need that number in order to compete. The next morning, I called the head USFSA offices in Colorado. I spoke to a woman in the LTS division who tried to find Ice Princess' name and number but also came up empty handed. My name, Dave's name and Speed Racer's name was in their data base, but Ice Princess' was not! The one person in our family that NEEDS a number, didn't have one! Her application must have been lost. LOVELY. I discovered this problem about 5-6weeks ago.

The next day we had our LTS classes and I spoke with the skating director about our situation. I filled out another form and felt confident the issue would be resolved before the competition. Fast forward to yesterday. I called USFSA to check on the status of Ice Princess' number. Guess what? She STILL does not have a number! She can't skate w/o that number! Did I mention that her competition is in TWO days? USFSA is helping me so hopefully we will have a number by tomorrow. They have told me we will figure this out and that she will skate on Friday. With any luck, this will be figured out by tomorrow and I will have her number in my hot little hand. Meanwhile I will try not to stress about this! I should have checked sooner, but I honestly thought this situation was handled. ARGH. *BREATHE* *BREATHE* This WILL work out!

No comments: